Massage therapy can play an important role in your health regimen. See what the research says about massage for health and wellness.
1. Reduce stress – The longterm effects of stress can take emotional and physical tolls. Massage therapy may relieve stress and conditions associated with it, such as tension headaches.
2. Get better sleep – Research indicates that massage can improve sleep in those with lower back pain, fibromaylgia, insomnia, pain and other health conditions.
3. Boost mental health and wellness – Research suggests that symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression (all associated with mental health) may be directly affected with massage therapy.
4. Manage pain – Pain can negatively affect a person’s quality of life and impede recovery from illness or injury. Research shows massage can help low-back pain, headaches, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and more.
5. Increase range of motion – Elite and recreational athletes alike can benefit from massage therapy. Massage can help reduce muscle tension, improve exercise performance and prevent injuries.
Find a Trusted Massage Therapist
Members of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) are the most trusted massage therapists in the United States.